(the first post from today was actually written yesterday and auto-posted today, but today’s post was too, well, “awesome” is and isn’t the right word)
Note: I was not listening to the sound on this video, I transplanted myself to 1998 with KMFDM’s Megalomaniacal.
ANYWAY, I counted at least 24 (TWENTY-FOUR) fads I participated in.
And that was by the 6 minute mark!
- Sweatshirt as “going out!” apparel
- Big Hair
- Overalls with one strap hooked
- Hammer pants
- Tapered pants
- Bob (haircut)
- Short jacket
- Mullet (thank Mom!)
- Old Man Sweater; as “horrible pattern” and “cardigan”
- Acid Washed Pants
- White socks with black flat Mary Janes
- Frumpy Sweater; as “Way too big” and “Pilly” (example from from 1996 or 1997, furthering the idea that I’m behind the times)
- Silk shirt
- High-waisted-waist-pleated Pants
- Tucked in sweater (typically of the #14 variety)
- Turtleneck and a sweater (also of #14 variety) OR turtleneck and a sweatshirt (of #2 variety)
- Stirrup pants
- Oversized shirt with an oversized belt
- Banana Clip
- Wearing a work appropriate skirt suit to someplace other than work
- Big Bangs. Please note, different than Big Hair.
- Plaid Pants. Mine were Skidz. For real.
Okay readers, how many fads did you see that reminded you of you?