My love for wordpress runs pretty deep, it’s like vanilla ice cream.
But sometimes, I want/need sprinkles (and NOT jimmies) and that’s where Google RSS feed comes in.
And when I want/need a fresh waffle cone, yeah, that’d be myyahoo.
32 subscriptions on WordPress; pared down from people who went defunct and cushioned up by people I’m constantly meeting.
Another 24 on GoogleReader. Most of those are tumblr because it’s the new crack.
Don’t forget the 16 widgets on the yahoo page. And I counted the three weather areas and two horoscopes (“Today will be a good day Cancer!”) as one each.
The demographic isn’t very, demographic.
Yahoo is mostly food and news (imagine that, right), Google is tumblr, blogspot and blogger sites and well, wordpress is more of the human interest of things.
- Most “Open in a New Window”: mymilktoof.blogspot.com
- “Really, you read that?”: cookingforassholes.blogspot.com
- Constantly checked: epicute.com because someday, I will make things and photos this adorable.
- Best for Killing Time: tumblr…. anything tumblr related.
- Chocolate Lab poo wasn’t funny until: loveofchester.blogspot.com specifically
- Least Interesting (uh, why don’t I just unsubscribe?): Tragically Hip Tour… it’ some guy who likes The Hip, but basically just posts about his on-line poker club. Yawn.
- Funniest: right now, I’m all about theoatmeal.com
- Six GoogleReader links I less-sign-three* and think you should check out:
- foodirl.com Because sometimes the box/bag/photo looks NOTHING like what you get and the taste is nothing like what you would want to eat.
- knowyourmeme.com For when you wonder just WTF a lolcat is. (BTW, that’s on my wordpress feeder and I am anxiously awaiting my KTHNXBAI shirt)
So, dear reader(s), do you RSS? What’s your cross section look like?
How about filling out that bullet thing; on your blog or in the comments? And if you don’t use GoogleReader, insert your RSS of choice. And if you want to make your own catagories, well, at Uncle Ted Says, “It’s a free for all!”
It’s a heart!