A return to “Food Things with Stephanie”!
Drink Your Fruit (and Soy and Good Bacteria)
– 1 can peaches (I happen to love peaches in raspberry syrup)
– Light Vanilla Soy Milk, to taste/consistency
– Vanilla Yogurt to taste/consistency (I used 1%)
– Ice cubes, to consistency
1) Drain most of the gunk out of the peaches, you’ll want to save a little to promote mixing.
2) Make sure bottom is screwed onto the blender/smoothie reservoir.
3) Dump peaches into blender jar
4) Pour soy milk over peaches, ensuring there’s enough to promote mixing.
5) Clean up soy milk from counter where it leaked through an unseated blender jar.
6) Screech and run across the kitchen with rapidly leaking blender jar.
7) Reseat blender bottom.
8 ) Pour soy milk over peaches, ensuring there’s enough to promote mixing.
9) Add a couple handfuls of ice to peaches/milk.
10) Blend on low until ice is pulverized.
11) Add in yogurt until consistency is your liking.
13) Pour into container which can hold amount of liquid you’ve prepared.
14) Sop up mess.
15) Clean drips from kitchen floor.
The savvy cook may omit steps 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 14 and 15