For those of you still around, I’m thinking of making shrimp kabobs tonight. Though, the shrimp will be lovingly smeared with ginger-chili-sauce.
Meanwhile, over at not martha, there was an ask metafilter about weird food parings… which lead me to seriouseats, which made me think of weird food combinations that I like.I.E.
* French fries dipped in a vanilla shake
* Ham sandwich with mustard and animal crackers
* Clamatao juice, hot sauce and light beer
* Celery and peanut better
* Celery and cream cheese
* Peanut butter and honey sandwich
* PMS Sundae (vanilla ice cream, fruit loops, chocolate syrup, beer)
* Macaroni and cheese with ketchup
* Cantalope with salt
* Cottage cheese and apple butter
* Bacon and mayo on toast
* Fritos on a ham sammy
* Cherrios and grape juice (okay, that’s just because I was three and couldn’t reach the milk and my babysitter was passed out on the sofa.)
Do tell reader(s), what odd food parings tickle your pallet?