Oh, seems like ev-ry-one is doing the 25 things, so what the hell.
I’ll try to come up with new things. No promises.
1. I was mentally unable to wear sandals until my 20’s. Now I can’t keep shoes/socks on.
2. I have a soft spot for music from the 40’s.
3. While drunk in North Carolina, I sang “Ring of Fire” at karaoke while Steve was in the bathroom.
4. I have a fear of drowning, burning to death and suffocation. I guess most people do.
5. I have faked my way through more things then I care to admit.
6. While claiming to be the Grammar Gestapo towards others, I often find my own grammar lacking.
7. In elementary school (before being moved to The Smart Kids School), I wasn’t being challenged so whenever we had to do a project, I’d always take the topic that was proclaimed to be the hardest. Subsequently, I know too much about the moon, Kenya and igloos. (remember, this was back in the day when we had to go the library and use encyclopedias). I still enjoy making dioramas.
8. Sometimes when Steve does things that annoy me (like correcting the flame for boiling water), I find it arousing.
9. I am excited and freaked-the-hell-out by the prospect of motherhood.
10. I had “Jersey Hair” from age 9 to 14-1/2.
11. When there is something I want, I put my mind to it and usually achieve it.
12. If a topic interests me, I will often research it to a point of nausea. This includes regurgitating said information to other people, to a point of nausea. Ask me about Hedgehogs or Alpacas.
13. When we first got Bailey, I didn’t like her. Now I can’t imagine my life without her. (Bailey is our dog, BTW).
14. I am afraid to talk to or see my Grandpa because I don’t want my last memory of him to be like he is… I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to remember him as he was.
15. I am a believer in the deeper meaning of dreams.
16. I used to practice Wicca but for some reason I’m not comfortable doing it in our house.
17. The one time I got my cards read, it was so accurate that I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop.
18. The only way for me to have a true sense of satisfaction about accomplishing something is to have it on a list, of which it can be crossed off of when complete and the list can be thrown away when totally complete.
19. I got my tattoo the day after my friend Steve died.
20. I worked in a record store for over a year, being paid in CDs and take-out.
21. Bananas make me vomit. Not just the fruit, but the smell.
22. Blond is my natural color, though back in the day, I used to dye it orange, yellow, purple, dark red, red and with henna. My hair would grow out with light roots.
23. I miss my long hair.
24. I am a bit afraid to stand up to my M-I-L when it comes to the time that we have kids and she does something I don’t approve of. But that’s a ways away, so I guess it’s not really worth worrying over.
25. Tomatoes are gross. Unless they’re in sauce, ketchup, salsa, hot sauce or sundried in bread.