It is worth noting that for this one, it’s wicked important that you DO NOT buy the reduced fat or fat free versions of these items. Why? Well, because the fat is part of what makes this thing so delectable. Oh, and reduced fat thingies don’t melt/congeal as well.
Chicken Wing Dip
* 1 bottle of chunky blue cheese dressing. If chunks make you want to blow chunks, you could use chunkless. I guess.
* 1 bottle (reasonable sized) of Frank’s Hot Sauce. I don’t have a substitute for Franks, so good luck with that. If this seems ungodly hot for you, use less… about 1/4-3/4 cup, to taste. ‘member you can always add more, you can’t add less.
* 8 oz. cream cheese, softened.
* 2 cups (about an 8oz brick) shredded cheese. I prefer colby jack, but you can use cheddar.
* 2 small or 1 large can of chicken breast (usually found near the canned tuna). If you’re feeling ambitious, you could probably cook and shred chicken breast. It’s your call. Either way, de-chunk it before you mix it into the dip.
* Dipper of your choice. Steve likes round tortilla chips. I prefer carrots and celery…
* Blend cream cheese, hot sauce and blue cheese until uniform.
* Mix in shredded cheese and chicken. You can choose to keep some extra shredded cheese if you want to put some on top afterward, but it’s not necessary.
* Put into an 9×13 dish (or 8×8, but I don’t want to be responsible for ruined ovens). You can also put it into a crock-pot.
* Bake covered for about 20 minutes at 350 or until it’s bubbly. If you reserved cheese, bake five minutes less, add cheese, recover and finish cooking.
* If you’ve opted for the crock-pot method, set on high for about 45 minutes. Drop temp to warm to prevent congealing.
* Should your dip not be devoured right away, you can pop it back in the oven for a few minutes.
And taaaa daaa.
You’re the hero of the party*.
*Hero status not implied, guaranteed. yadda yadda yadda.