I’ve been a member of my gym since last March.
In that time, I’ve hardly had to compromise with cardio machines and I always knew where the weights were.
Things have changed.
The tide has turned.
I went Monday after work and the place was PACKED.
Some of the things I noticed from the n00bs:
- Large man sweating on treadmill. Arms cut out of shirt with “air holes” down to his waist. Assuming that’s where a waist would be. He DID NOT wipe down his machine.
- Cell Phones EVERYWHERE
- Full-sized lockers (there are talls and shorts) with A PAIR of shorts in them
- Lockers with contents and no locks
- Free weights left wherever the previous member was done with them.
- People I’ve never seen
- So much use of the word “like” even I almost barfed
- (the parking lot is quite sizable) People driving around the first two rows of parking to find a spot close to the door. Oh, hey, excuse me, but WTF are you going to do when you get inside? SOME of us park away to WARM-UP before we get inside. That’s okay, I’d bet you’re the guy who let one rip on the adjacent ‘mill.
Did you make any resolutions? How go they?
Tomorrow is “progress day” for me and I’ll either be happy or disappointed…. because you know, that’s a change from normal by none.