Dear “Listen at Work” Station,
I heard a promo on your station asking for comments, suggestions and ‘songs you’d like to hear’.
* Please stop saying you have “a better variety”, because you don’t. Playing the same hundred songs BUT in a different order DOES NOT count as variety. Don’t think that your adding a “new” song here and there and then permanently adding into your playlist has gone un-noticed. If I hear “Lost in Your Eyes” by Debbie Gibson one more time, I will walk to your station and delete it from the computer.
* Also, on the topic of “better variety”, you claim a “no-repeat workday!”… Yes, most people work from 9-5(ish) but I would think that you would have enough music to not play the same song within ANY ten hour period.
* More “Hall and Oates” please.
* Please have “Deliah” record more then one promo per day. Seriously, if I hear “Hey there, it’s Deliah…” once more, I will walk down to your station and delete it from the computer. (For those of you not subject to Deliah, she’s a syndicated evening DJ who listens to people tell her how their mom/dad/husband/wife/lover/kid/boss/pet groomer changed their life and then she plays on non-related song. Think Casey Kasum’s Long Distance Dedication but with less relevance.)
* Please give your DJs some coffee.
* As much as I do not like Celine Dion, I think you should know that she has more then three songs out. Same with Madonna.
* I know you’re trying to make the whole “soft rock” thing less painful for The Kids by adding in some “cool” and “new” songs, like Apoligze by One Republic but I doubt anyone likes that song.
* Less “Five for Fighting” please.
What do you want to address to your disliked media of choice?